There are several types of contour gauges on the market today, each with different purposes and strengths.
For example, some can measure the width, some can measure depth, and some can measure height.
The contour gauges that can measure width and depth are the most common because they can measure the depth of a cut into a workpiece and indicate where the workpiece is ready to be sawn. They can also measure the width of a rip and give you a feel for when the piece is thin enough.
But contour gauges with locks are the most versatile because they can be used for almost every type of cut. A lock-equipped contour gauge allows you to set a specific depth and position, making it easy to do precise and accurate cuts. Contour gauges without locks are good for rough cuts and freehand cuts, but they aren’t as easy to control.
Today, I am going to introduce to you the 7 best contour gauge tools with lock systems for woodworking. This review of woodworking tools will help you choose the right one for you.
7 Best Contour Gauge Tool With Lock – Comparison
Saker Contour Gauge (10 Inch Lock) Profile Tool
Contour Gauge 10 Inch, Widen Plastic Profile Gauge Duplicator
Contour Gauge With Lock, 2pcs 5&10 inch Profile Gauge
Contour Gauge with Lock D&R Tools
GOZWELL Precise Contour Gauge with Lock for Pencil
Precise Contour Gauge with Lock - 2022 Upgrade
Wood Turbo Carving Disc (Curve) in 8 Teeth by KOWOOD
- PRECISE SHAPE DUPLICATION: Saker Contour Gauge designed for winding pipes, circular frames, ducts, and many objects, Ideal for fitting tiles, laminate, carpet, checking dimensions, molding, etc. A useful tool for operations on car bodies, carpentry, and all kinds of modeling.
- ADJUSTABLE AND LOCKING FEATURE: Saker contour gauged can adjust the tightness according to your needs. After using the contour ruler for a period of time, you can easily adjust the tightness; Once the object has been contoured, lock contour gauge teeth in place for perfect traces every time.
- GOOD MATERIAL AND PORTABLE: The contour gauge is made of high-quality ABS plastic, high strength, rustproof and durable.
- ESAY TO USE: Our contour gauge measures 5 inch&10inch, and can be used to measure the shape of irregular objects instant template for marking precise tile cuts. You just press the contour gauge on one of the shapes. Trim outline and cut into shape.
- EXTENSIVE APPLICATION: Contour gauge is used to locate profiles or edges and accurately transfer to the material to be cut. Any kind of work needs contour duplication. In woodworking, auto body, auto metal sheet, stainless steel or any job of contour duplication.
- WIDER, SO COPY SHAPES MORE PRECISELY: Lambor Studios’ contour gauge is wider than other brands, so it can easily copy any shape, creating an instant template for curved and odd-shaped profiles simply and easily. LAMBOR STUDIO’s contour gauge duplicator can be used to locate profiles or edges and accurately transfer them to the material to be cut. Any kind of work needs contour duplication. In woodworking, auto body, auto metal sheet, stainless steel, or any job of contour duplication.
- SAVE TIME & ENERGY: LAMBOR STUDIOS’ master outline gauge is a good helper for the carpenter. It can duplicate any shape instantly. No need to transfer profiles to paper or cardboard again to save your time. Record the cross-sectional shape of a surface with this 10-inch widen gauge. Simply press the contour gauge onto a shape. Copy the profile and cut it to shape. This contour duplication gauge eliminates the guessing of dimensions of irregular shapes.
- HIGH QUALITY & BOTH INCH AND CENTIMETER MEASUREMENTS: LAMBOR STUDIO’s contour gauge is made of high-quality ABS plastic, high strength, rustproof and durable, no rust plastic conforms to shape and holds pattern. Designed with 10 inch/25 cm multi-functional contour profile gauge markings with both inch and centimeter graduations on the tough and durable plastic body of the contour gauge. Both sides’ size mark is available.
- MULTI-SCENE APPLICATION: LAMBOR STUDIOS 10 inch widen contour gauge is designed for winding pipes, circular frames, ducts, and many objects. Designed for winding pipes, circular frames, ducts, and many objects, Ideal for fitting tiles, laminate, carpet, checking dimensions, molding, etc. LAMBOR STUDIOS duplicate contour gauge could be a useful tool for operations on car bodies, carpentry, and all kinds of modeling.
- LIFETIME WORRY-FREE WARRANTY: Lambor Studios offers 24-hour friendly customer service, 90-DAY 100% Money-Back Guarantee, and Lifetime Worry-free Warranty. If you have any questions about the Lambor Studios contour gauge, please feel free to contact us.
- 10in (25cm) Profile Guage with Double Lock: This 10” contour gauge might be one of the coolest you have seen, the double lock keeps the shape tight which makes measuring for detailed or difficult cuts easier. The 10in width, the depth widened up to 5.18”. It can copy the irregular non-90° corner, allowing it to easily copy shapes to tile, laminate, engineered wood, solid wood, and vinyl flooring to precisely cut flooring to match objects. Widely used in carpentry, construction, and DIY areas
- 5” (12cm) Contour Gauge: The contour gauge duplicator has a max width of 5.11 inches and a contour max depth of 5.18 inches. It has a single lock. The 5-in profile gauges with 78 leaves, inches and millimeters graduation on the body, durable and strong plastic pins, and ultra-thin fingers measure profiles up to 5-1/5 inch deep and are perfect for some tight spaces around a few pipes. Most useful tool for woodworking, linoleum installation, or any job or hobby where contour duplication is essential
- Widened 50% and Double Lock: VIRIDIS 2020 newest upgrade widened version contour gauge with a double locking mechanism is made from a sturdy ABS plastic design, and is perfect for fitting laminate, fitting tile or wood or around heating pipes, and more. The profile gauge duplicator is a fantastic tool to duplicate the shape of wood or metal works easier, safer, and more comfortable, is a super simple and accurate way to transfer the shapes of corners and contours onto wood or tile to be cut
- Easy Way to Duplicate Any Shape: Profile gauges are used widely in metalworking and woodworking. When cutting tiles, specifically around special items like pipes, weird corners, and other things that may be in the way of cutting a straight edge tile to fit, you need a specialized tool to know how to cut your tile. VIRIDIS contour duplication gauge with lock allows for simple and quick scanning of the cutting line and transferring it right onto the material you need to cut and fit into place
- Useful Contour Gauge: Also known as a profile combs or shape duplicator, is a tool for recording the cross-sectional shape of a surface, consists of a set of high-quality ABS plastic pins that are set tightly against one another in a frame which keeps them in the same plane and parallel while allowing them to move independently, perpendicularly to the frame. The contour gauge duplicator tool is perfect enough for duplicating any shape for transferring to tile and other surfaces easily
- METAL LOCK MECHANISM WITH ALUMINUM CORE: D&R Tools Contour duplication gauge is upgraded with metal core locking mechanism which is proven to be more durable and will last a long time. The sturdy lock system can help with locking any shape in place for instant copying. Once an object has been contoured, lock corner template teeth in place for perfect traces every time.
- EXTRA WIDE PROFILE GAUGE: Our premium easy outline gauge tool with metal lock is made 5.1 inches wider to easily copy any deep shapes. The 5” gauge precisely copies any smaller objects and the 10” gauge copies any larger objects. Both Shape contour duplicators have centimeter and inch scale measurements including size marks on both sides of units.
- EXTENSIVE APPLICATIONS: This contour duplicating gauge can be used for any kind of work requiring precise shape duplication, locating profiles or edges, and accurately transferring to the material to be cut. Both of the master outline measuring gauge sets can be used to track and measure winding pipes, ducts, circular frames, and many other objects; the gauge contour tool is ideal for laminate, fitting tiles, molding, carpet, flooring, and operations on vehicles to take advantage of metal lock.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: Our odd shape template tool is made from premium quality ABS plastic with high strength, rustproof, and durable aluminum core. Compared to other plastic lock corner gauges, our product with metal core will last you for many years to come. Perfect piece for large curve duplications.
- INSTRUCTION AND WARRANTY: (Step 1). Press the shape counter gauge duplicator against the object and lock the shape. (Step 2). Mark the contour on a paper or your desired surface. (Step 3). Cut into the trace. (Step 4). Then the object will completely match the contour. Our goal is to provide you with the highest quality products. If you have any questions or concerns related to our products, please feel free to reach out to us and we will make sure you are 100% satisfied with this purchase.
- A simpler method of copying various shapes, very suitable for tile bonding, laminate and carpet cutting, ceramic and tool mold making, etc
- Pulley and pointer design, both ends can be used. Drawing on the pulley side is smoother while drawing on the pointer side is more accurate and easier. The pencil holder can be moved up and down for easy replacement of the styling end
- The operation is simple and can be adjusted with one hand. Fix the pencil in the middle and draw as you push it. It is easy to draw lines without making mistakes
- The tightness can be adjusted according to your needs. It is especially suitable for drawing the contours of irregular and complex objects. It can be locked and fixed after each adjustment to ensure accurate accuracy
- Adjustable pencil holder, can holder 2-12mm marker pens
- High-quality Materials Made of high-quality Pupuke metal it is strong and durable. Easy to carry and store, just put it in your toolbox and take it everywhere with you
- Precise Shape Duplication An easier way to duplicate various shapes, ideal for tiles fitting, laminate and carpet cutting, ceramic and tool mold taking, etc.
- Easy To Use Simple operation, namely push namely draw, one-handed adjustment. Fix the pencil in the middle, pushing while drawing, easy to draw the lines without error
- Adjustable And Locking Feature The tightness can be adjusted according to your needs. It is especially suitable for drawing the outline of irregular and complex objects. It can be locked and fixed after each adjustment to ensure precision accuracy
- Both Ends Can Be Used Designed with pulley end and pointer end, both ends can be used. Smoother drawing with pulley end, while accurate and easy drawing with pointer end. The pencil clip can be moved up and down, which is convenient for exchanging the shape
- KOWOOD 8 teeth wood turbo curve carving disc provides a fast, smooth, and controllable milling cut for wood, note: You need to purchase an Angle Grinder Flange Nuts with Spanner in order to use it normally）
- Wide application to any wood material such as sculping, art craft, or any woodwork
- KOWOOD Tech minimizes the vibration and provides a precision curve cut to skip the sanding process
- Heavy-duty Carbide for longer working life and durable
- Easy to operate and compatible with all major angle grinders (Inner diameter: 16mm)
Saker contour gauges are electronic thermometers that measure the air temperature in a room. It can be used to measure the air temperature in a space without making any holes or opening up the wall. These are used to determine the exact temperature of the room and help control the heating and cooling systems in the building.
You can use a ruler or any straight edge to measure the thickness of a material. You can also use a tape measure to measure the length of any materials. Also, a simple kitchen scale can be used to weigh any items. However, it’s best to avoid using a tape measure, ruler, or kitchen scale to measure the width of a material, as these devices tend to get dirty easily.
The contour gauge was invented by a man named Benjamin Franklin, who later used it to measure the perimeter of a ship during his time as a surveyor. Since then, the contour gauge has become a very useful tool in many applications, including measuring the size of rooms, land, and anything else that needs to be measured.
A contour gauge duplicator is a tool used to make copies of contour maps so that you can measure the elevation changes across a landscape. This tool makes copies of a map and lets you measure the height changes along the lines and mark the measuring points. It helps to create a scaled-down copy of the original map, which you can then use to check for errors and identify the problems in your property.
The most important thing to remember when using a contour gauge is that it isn’t always the tool itself that makes it a good choice. A few tools in the wrong hands can lead to inaccurate results. While all tools are not equal, the following tips can help you determine which contour gauges are right for you.
We’ve selected our top 7 best contour gauge tools with lock and put them through the paces in this handy comparison guide.
Our recommended one is Saker Contour Gauge.